Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Life goes on...

Yes I know that I have practically abandoned this little blog. But much like an old friend who you may not have much contact with because of differing life paths yet there's always a special place in your heart for that friend, this little safe haven is always close to my heart. And recently I found myself suddenly remembering it again.

This year I have seen a sudden surge in attachments / engagements / weddings / pregnancies among some of my friends in their mid-late 30s / early 40s. There are still some who remain single but those are diminishing. It's good to know that there's still "hope" for the not-quite-so-young-anymore female. It's true what they say about 30s being the new 20s.

There's still the occasional conversation about guys when various girl friends get together but that has mostly given way to talking about wedding plans and pregnancy processes, house hunting and mortgages, nice dinners out and chill out drinks at home.

Almost all the boys who made it to the right sidebar, who once upon a time were a point of interest for me to talk about, are now forgotten. Even as I browse through some of the (nick)names and stories, there are many who I can't even remember their real names anymore. Not surprising since I am no longer in contact with them. Out of everyone, only "wayne rooney" and the best friend remain in my life. I no longer think that either of them has any real potential, haven't for a while now. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for "wayne rooney", it's hard not to when we have as much natural rapport and chemistry as we do. But I also know that even though he's a truly great guy, he will also always be too oblivious to be sensitive to another person's needs. The best friend on the contrary comes out top in being thoughtful and delights in giving little surprises. But he is totally immature and (possibly therefore) financially unstable. Anyhow he has now found himself a new girlfriend and I think this will work out perfectly because she's a nice simple girl, a waitress from a foreign Asian country.

Life has changed, to say the least. And it will only continue to change as I grow up and embark in a different phase of life.

In the last 2 years since I "disappeared", the alpha boy and I have been actively trying to work things out. I was probably more honest than ever before about things that I wasn't happy about and also learnt to be more communicative which as a more private / repressive person, wasn't something I naturally possessed. But it's been good and I'm happy that we are in a much better place than ever before.

And now I'm joining the ranks of people who have decided to settle down. Wow, that just sounds so adult! But the dating (psuedo or otherwise) is over folks... I'm engaged.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Blogger Katya said...

Oh wow! It's great to see a new post from you, and congratulations!!

 
At 3:47 AM, Anonymous belle said...

WOW... so glad I decided to visit your spot. I've been following your blog for YEARS. Congratulations on your engagement!!

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger jo said...

Hello Katya and Belle!!

I really appreciate that you guys are still coming back in here to check and leave such lovely comments even though I have been pretty MIA for years!

I have been toying with the idea of writing back here again and your support may just be what I need to push me over the line again. I just need some inspiration as to what to write about now...

Cheers, Jo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home