Sunday, January 03, 2016

Looking away...

I hadn't seen him or thought about him in nearly a year and even then the last time was just to return him his books. Despite pleasantries on how we should catch up again, there were no real illusions or expectations that we would. After all these years it was fairly clear to me that we wouldn't actually be friends, we would just be people who once casually dated briefly.

It was weird to run into him. Funny how the thought never really occurred to me though given that the world is small and my city smaller, it wouldn't have been that far fetched.

I was in the train with the alpha boy and in walks him and another girl, right in the same carriage. I applaud myself for my fast reflexes. I don't know if I got a good look at him and I certainly didn't get a good look at her but I knew instantly that it was the swedish guy and that she was his girlfriend. And I looked away.

For the next few stops I continued to look away. I don't know if he saw me too or if he didn't but one thing for sure was that neither of us was going to acknowledge the other.

As fate would have it, we stopped at the same stop. He got out pretty quickly and I saw him walking ahead hand in hand with his tall, ordinary, Asian-looking girlfriend with the wavy bob hair and they soon disappeared from sight.

I don't recognize her, nothing in his Facebook pictures had ever alluded to him and her. And while it seems silly because it's been years and I have long come to terms with the fact that ultimately he was never really that into me (despite the fun that we've had), a part of me still wonders why. But I guess life goes on and so we move on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home